- If you are traveling internationally check the CDC to see if you need any special vaccines and make an appointment to receive the vaccines well in advance from your departure date
- Flying increases your clot risk due to immobility and cabin pressure. Be active get up and walk around, wear compression hose if it’s a really long flight, and stay hydrated!
- Make sure all your prescriptions are up to date and if possible keep them in their labeled prescription bottle.
- Don’t ignore your dental health! If you can’t find clean water at least floss!
- Make sure you have a valid travel health care plan
- Pack a first aid kit with bandages, antibacterial cream, and antihistamines
- Bring sunscreen and slip, slop, slap it on