In today’s world, technology surrounds us all. Protect your eyes from digital eye strain with the following tips:
- Practice the 20/20/20 Rule: Give your eyes a rest! Every 20 minutes, take a break from your computer screen by looking at an object at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Blink to moisten and refresh your eyes.
- Use artificial tear products for dry eyes.
- Break up computer work by completing other tasks such as making phone calls or filing paperwork.
- Adjust computer settings to the optimal height, distance, screen brightness, text size, and contrast to reduce eye strain.